3.29.2010

El Norte continued.

Alrighty tighties, this completes the series of el Norte. Enjoy!
Day 3: BURGOS
El Cid statue
tour of monasterio de las huelgas
huddle for warmth in the bookstore for a solid hour
la catedral
second visit to our favorite Ali-Babba joint where the owner, McDreamy, treated us to a plate of fries and sauce.
explore
find a lookout over the city
beautiful path through the woods, very Washingtonesque
what’s this? ANOTHER playground??? they never get old.
board the bus
Lerma:
explore
too much laughter makes old men think we are drunk.
watch Sandlot on the busride home
.....you’re killing me smalls.....
 soooo this is a very different blogging approach, but I'm on a serious time crunch and there are more new adventures happening every day that I need to catch up on as well... so if you want more details I guess we'll just have to talk in person algún día.
El Norte era maravilloso. I loved this trip, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not as frigidly cold as I had been told (más o menos...). Between the cathedrals, playgrounds, bonding time with the girls, and dreamy restaurant owners, the North left me quite satisfied. ¡Hasta luego amigos!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

ah-MAZ-ing. those buildings are gorgeous! looks like you are having a lovely time...

Melissa P said...

seriously ditto Sarah- Amazing! How much longer do you get to visit all these awesome places???? I love the pics- looks like you have a fun group of girls- is it all girls on the trip?